Improve Skin Health with Facials
When it comes to helping our patients maintain healthy skin, California Skin Institute aestheticians can provide a variety of treatments to boost skin moisture, exfoliate the skin, and nourish the skin with healthy nutrients.* If you’d like to incorporate facials into your regular skin care routine, don’t forget our Buy 5 get 6th Free** program. It’s perfect for patients who get regular facial treatments. Call a California Skin Institute practice near you to learn more!
What is a Facial?
Facials is a broad term that is used to describe a number of treatments, including professional face masks, exfoliating treatments, and acne extractions, among others.* It’s a good idea to look at these treatments as supplementary to your regular at-home routine.* Your home skin care products are essential because they infuse the skin with healthy ingredients on a daily basis, while regular facials give the skin an added boost.* For example, although face cleansers may provide considerable benefits for keeping the pores clean, professional acne extractions are still needed to complement your routine and reduce chances of acne breakouts.*
During your appointment, one of our expert aestheticians will take the time to understand your goals and concerns, and will develop a customized treatment plan.
A big part of regular facial treatments is the use of face masks to address specific skin concerns. These can be formulated with a number of different ingredients, based on your goals.* Let’s consider some of these face masks in more detail.
- Hydrating Face Masks: As the name implies, these face masks are designed to infuse the skin with moisture.* Hydration is a vital aspect of any skin care routine, as it helps strengthen the skin’s natural protective barrier and improves skin cell function.* Moisturizing face treatments are also a vital aspect of anti aging skin care, because our skin’s ability to retain moisture diminishes as we get older.* Individuals who struggle with Eczema can also benefit from such treatments.*
- Enzyme Face Masks: The goal of these masks is to “polish” the skin and create a smoother texture.* These rely on enzymes from ingredients like papaya or pineapple to break down dead and damaged skin cells, to remove them from the surface.*
- Clay Masks: Often used for patients with oily or acne-prone skin, clay masks can be effective at reducing excess oil and cleansing pores.* Such treatments can be combined with acne extractions, to help the skin fight breakouts.*
It’s important to note that different California Skin Institute practices may have different types of face masks and formulations.* This is because our aestheticians work very closely with each patient to develop a customized treatment plan.*
Exfoliation is another important aspect of facial treatments, and typically falls into either dermabrasion with devices like DermaSweep, or chemical exfoliation.*
- Dermabrasion: During dermabrasion treatments, the dead skin cells are physically dislodged from the skin’s surface.* Some patients may benefit from traditional microdermabrasion, which relies on crystals to remove dead cells.* Other patients may do well with a treatment like DermaSweep, which uses micro-bristles to scrub dead cells of the surface, and can then be utilized for serum infusions.*
- Chemical Peels: Such treatments do not use physical scrubbing, but rather ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids to cleanse pores and dislodge dead cells from the skin’s surface.* When administered by one of the expert aestheticians at California Skin Institute, chemical peels can help improve skin texture, reduce hyperpigmentation, and help the skin fight acne.*
Facials Before Events
In addition to using facial treatment as part of a regular skin care routine, they can be a helpful tool to improve the skin’s appearance before an event.* For example, hydrating facials can make the skin look suppler, while enzyme masks can help the skin look smoother.*
If you’re specifically looking to improve your skin’s appearance before an event, please let your CSI aesthetician know in advance, so that we can help you select the right treatment type.*
Schedule an Appointment
The best way to figure out which facial is right for you is to speak with one of our aestheticians.* Simply call a California Skin Institute practice near you, or use the online scheduling portal now!
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.
(** 5 treatments must be purchased at the same time in order to qualify for the 6th free treatment. All treatments must be used within 12 months of purchase by scheduling an appointment in advance. Treatments are not transferable.)