Laser Treatment – the Forgotten Body Parts
Over the years, California Skin Institute has helped thousands of patients achieve clearer, smoother skin by utilizing cutting-edge skin lasers and other treatment devices.* One common misconception among patients is that lasers can only be used for facial treatments or hair removal.* At California Skin Institute, however, our providers have been able to utilize laser technology to help patients effectively treat other parts of the body with minimal discomfort, and lower instances of side effects, as compared to more invasive treatments.* If you’re struggling with hyperpigmentation, sagging skin, or wrinkles, and would like to see if a laser treatment is right of you, please contact a California Skin Institute practice near you or set up your consultation by completing the Contact Form, below!*
What Parts of the Body can Lasers Treat?
Although the signs of aging may first become noticeable in the face, other parts of the body can also suffer from the onset of wrinkles, dark spots and sagging skin.* Here at California Skin Institute we’ve invested in a large number of different types of skin care lasers and other devices to help our patients address a variety of skin issues on many parts of the body, including:*
- Chest: The development of wrinkles and hyperpigmentation on the chest is a common concern for many patients who visit California Skin Institute.* This is because the chest is exposed to the harmful UV rays of the sun almost as much as the face.* The constant exposure to radiation and free radicals can cause an early onset of wrinkles due to the breakdown of collagen and elastin, and cause melanin clusters to develop, thus leading to dark spots on the skin.* Expertly-administered laser treatments can improve skin laxity, skin texture, and remove hyperpigmentation.*
- Neck: California Skin Institute providers can use laser treatments and other devices (like Ulthera) to tighten sagging skin on the neck.* This can be a very beneficial treatment option for patients experiencing the early onset of wrinkles and sagging skin, but whose condition is not severe enough for a neck lift.* Lasers can also improve redness and pigmentation from sun damage on the neck.*
- Hands: The signs of aging often appear on the hands in the form of age spots caused by melanin clusters, and rough skin texture.* Your California Skin Institute provider can address the signs of hand aging with treatments like the Fraxel laser, which can reduce hyperpigmentation and improve skin texture, and Intense Pulsed Light treatments, which gradually improve texture, brighten skin, and can even boost collagen in the treatment area. Other lasers can be used to selectively target individual liver spots on the hands.*
- Legs: Many individuals will develop spider veins on the legs during their lifetime, as well as cellulite on the thighs and buttocks.* A variety of laser treatments can be used to target the damaged blood vessels and remove the appearance of spider veins.* Further, specialized laser devices, like Cellulaze, can break down fat under the skin and stimulate skin laxity to remove the appearance of cellulite.*
- Ear Lobes: As we age, the ear lobes tend to sag due to the regular wearing of earrings and the loss of skin elasticity.* For patients who would like to reduce the size of the ear lobe (and for whom fillers are not a viable option) a laser reduction surgery may be possible option.* During this surgery, a laser is used to remove excess ear lobe tissue.* One of the benefits of this procedure is that the heat from the laser immediately cauterizes the wound, thus limiting the blood loss, and allows for more detailed shaping of the lobe.*
Fraxel Laser Treatment
California Skin Institute providers can use the Fraxel Dual and Fraxel Re:pair lasers to address a number of skin conditions, ranging from hyperpigmentation to wrinkles.* This can significantly improve the appearance of your skin not just on the face, but on the hands, chest and legs.*
The Fraxel laser treatment can provide dramatic effects with low down time due to the fractional delivery of the laser energy bursts.* Instead of delivering energy to the entire treatment area, the Fraxel laser applies columns of energy only to the portion of the treatment area.* This significantly minimizes damage to the surrounding tissues, and decreases recovery time, while still delivering powerful outcomes.*
Intense Pulsed Light Treatments
Treatments with Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) devices can yield highly-noticeable improvements after just a few treatment sessions.* IPL treatments rely on different light wavelengths to achieve a number of aesthetic outcomes, including spider vein removal, skin rejuvenation, and hair removal.* Your California Skin Institute provider will calibrate the IPL device using a variety of filters that narrow down the wavelength to those that are most effective for your condition.*
Excel V Laser
The Excel V laser is a powerful device used by California Skin Institute providers to address spider veins and hyperpigmentation.* This laser delivers strong bursts of energy that target pigment in the skin and dilated veins. Excel V laser has been very effective for treating spider veins and Rosacea.*
Ultrapulse CO2 Laser
This is the ultimate skin wrinkling reduction technology first introduced in the mid-1990s.* After 20 years of experience, California Skin Institute offers a vast experience to obtain the best possible outcomes.*
To learn more about how California Skin Institute providers can use lasers and other devices to address aging skin on the chest, neck, and other parts of the body, please contact a practice near you.* Or simply fill out the Contact Form, below, to schedule your consultation.
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.