Neck Lift Treatments
California Skin Institute has helped many patients achieve a younger appearance through a wide range of neck lift treatments to address excess fat around the neck, sagging skin, and muscle bands.* The key to achieving aesthetically pleasing outcomes is to create contour and balance in the neck, by focusing on the patient’s unique anatomy and needs – there is no one-size-fits-all solution.* Dr. Greg Morganroth has even developed several new techniques for neck lift treatments and rejuvenation, to help patients achieve a younger appearance while minimizing patient down time and discomfort.* Let’s take a look at some of these neck lift procedures and what they can correct.*
What can Neck Lift Treatments Correct?
As the body ages, it is common for individuals to undergo many changes.
- Skin Elasticity: One of the most visible signs of aging is a dramatic change in skin elasticity. When we are young, our skin is supported by collagen and elastin fibers, which create a support network that keeps the skin tight and underscores the natural contours of the bone and tissue structures beneath. As we age, however, the collagen and elastin fibers become damaged and depleted, causing the skin to sag. This in turn, leads to changes in facial and neck contours – creating an older, less athletic appearance.
- Weight Gain: As we age, a myriad of unseen changes also occur, including changes in our hormonal balance and our metabolism. This can lead to weight gain, which can also dramatically change the appearance in the neck, as it affects the natural contours and the visual transition from the jaw. For women, these issues are often further exacerbated by pregnancy-related weight gain. Unfortunately, excess weight around the neck and jaw can be especially hard to lose, as this part of the body is difficult to target through exercise. For those who are able to lose the weight, excess skin often creates a sagging, unhealthy appearance.
- Muscle Wear and Tear: Another issue that may require a neck lift treatment is the damage to platysma muscle caused by simple everyday activities, like speaking and making facial expressions. The muscle edges become frayed with use, causing the appearance of vertical bands in the neck.
Types of Neck Lift Treatments
The term “neck lift” is used to describe a number of different procedures that can achieve a younger, more athletic appearance in the neck.* Of course, the specific approach will depend on your unique situation, and in many cases, multiple procedures will be combined together for greater effect.*
- Skin Tightening with a Face/Neck Lift: For patients struggling with sagging skin around the neck, a skin tightening procedure can be performed as part of the neck lift.* During this process, excess skin is removed, to create a tighter, smoother appearance.* This provides better definition and transition from the jaw to the neck.*
- Neck Band Surgery: In order to address vertical muscle bands, California Skin Institute providers can bring the platysma muscle edges closer together and eliminate the visible lines.* This aspect of a neck lift is performed using laparoscopic surgery techniques, which significantly reduces scar visibility afterward.*
- Neck Liposuction with or without laser: To reduce excess fat around the neck, a number of neck liposuction procedures can be performed by California Skin Institute providers.* This includes tumescent liposuction as well as Sidelaze liposuction.* Neck liposuction can be performed as a standalone procedure for patients with strong skin elasticity, but may need to be combined with skin tightening for those with significant skin laxity.*
Your Neck Lift Appointment
Here at California Skin Institute we are strong believers that the best neck lift improvements are achieved when treatment is custom tailored to the unique needs of the patient.* When you visit us for your consultation, one of our expert surgeons will take the time to listen to your concerns, understand your goals, answer all of your questions, and develop a custom treatment plan.*
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.