Department of Radiation Oncology
Non-Surgical Skin Cancer Treatment – Radiation Therapy
Comprehensive skin cancer diagnosis, treatment, and prevention at the California Skin Institute.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Radiation Treatment?
- Patients who are not surgical candidates for medical reasons (e.g. blood thinning medication, allergic to local anesthesia)
- Patients who are not interested in having surgery
- Patients who require additional radiation treatment for aggressive skin cancers following surgical treatment
- Patients with challenging anatomical locations e.g. eyes, nose, ears, scalp
- Patients with positive margins after surgical excision to reduce the risk of recurrence
- Patients with busy schedules
California Skin Institute Specializes in Skin Cancer
The nationally recognized California Skin Institute (CSI) is the largest dermatology private practice in California dedicated to comprehensive skin cancer diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. As the first dermatology practice in the United States to offer the full spectrum of skin cancer treatments, including Mohs Surgery and high dose radiation therapy using Electronic Brachytherapy, the physicians of CSI are committed to providing state-of-the-art technologies and techniques to ensure the best possible skin cancer treatment. With several locations and a unique collaboration between dermatology, Mohs Surgery, radiation oncology, dermatopathology, and plastic surgery practitioners, CSI provides accessible, multidisciplinary, and comprehensive treatment for skin cancer patients.