Although our providers always try to achieve aesthetically pleasing outcomes for our patients with minimally-invasive treatments, in some cases, facial plastic surgery may be the best option to give the patient dramatic, long-lasting outcomes.* Our surgeons have helped thousands of patients over the years and have used their expertise to achieve aesthetic improvements that look natural and balanced.* California Skin Institute surgeons are experts in the latest facial rejuvenation techniques and work closely with each patient to create a surgical treatment plan that will address any concerns and take into account your facial features and structure.* After all, it’s not enough just to alter the appearance; facial plastic surgery is about bringing balance and proportion to the face in a way that accentuates your natural beauty.*
Some of the more popular facial plastic surgery treatments at California Skin Institute include:
- Face Lift: This treatment is designed to elevate the drooping jowls and neck though an incision placed around the ears.* Considered the gold standard approach to the aging face, it can be performed under local anesthesia, IV sedation, or general anesthesia.* Dr. Morganroth is the innovator of the local anesthesia Vertical Vector Face Lift that provides a dramatic and natural outcome.*
- Blepharoplasty or Eye Lift: This treatment removes excess skin and fat from the upper and lower eyelids.* After relatively short downtime, the upper eyelids are tighter and the lower eyelid bags are less puffy projecting a more youthful and rested appearance.*
- Dermal Grafting and Subcision: This treatment option is used by California Skin Institute surgeons to improve outcomes during acne scar subcision.* During dermal grafting, deep acne scars are separated from the underlying tissues with a special needle in a procedure called subcision.* Your own skin cells are then harvested from the back of the ear and implanted under the scar as dermal grafts.* This speeds up tissue regeneration, adds immediate volume to lift the scar and reduces the number of treatment sessions needed.* In many patients, subcision may be adequate to elevate the scars over a series of treatments separated by multiple weeks.*
- Brow Lift: A surgical brow lift can be performed to reduce the sagging in the brows, for a more youthful appearance.* This treatment can also smooth out forehead wrinkles, for an added aesthetic benefit.*
- Facial Implants: For patients who would like to broaden the jaw line, create a stronger chin, or improve contour of the cheeks or temples, California Skin Institute surgeons offer a variety of facial implants that provide balanced outcomes and feel natural to the touch.* These implants are made with highly durable material that is designed to not be rejected by the body, and are flexible; which means they can be inserted through very small incisions.* Further, because facial implants are typically positioned onto the bone, they will feel soft and natural to the touch.*
- Ear Correction: Patients who suffer from overly large ears, or ears that protrude significantly, our surgeons offer otoplasty; a surgical procedure that pins the ears back and can even reshape the ears.* Scarring from this surgery is virtually invisible, as the incision is made in the crease behind the ear.* Ear correction surgery can significantly improve one’s appearance and is available to adults and children.*
- Rhinoplasty: California Skin Institute surgeons offer nose surgery for patients who would like to correct genetic or injury-related imperfections on the bridge or the tip of the nose.* When performing a rhinoplasty, our surgeons go to great lengths to ensure that the nose looks natural and that the tip of the nose doesn’t have an over-tightened, fake appearance.*
- Neck Band Surgery: This surgery can be performed as an adjunct to liposuction, if there is sufficient elasticity in the skin of the neck, or can be combined with a neck lift and neck band surgery to address muscle bands and sagging skin at the same time.* Neck band surgery focuses on tightening the muscles in the neck, which can manifest as vertical lines as we age. During the procedure, the muscles are sutured together to create a smooth appearance in the neck and give it more contour.*
- Forehead Reduction: For patients who have a disproportionately high forehead, California Skin Institute surgeons offer forehead reduction.* This procedure surgically lowers the hairline by making a positional adjustment in the scalp.* In many cases, your surgeon can even reduce the size of the forehead through hair transplantation.* In this case, the scalp is not repositioned, but the area is reduced through implantation of your own hair follicles, to gradually lower the hair line.*
- Neck Liposuction: California Skin Institute surgeons can perform neck liposuction to remove excess fat in the neck and under the chin.* This procedure brings more definition to the neck, and provides virtually permanent outcomes.* For patients, who have a relatively small double chin, Kybella injections may be a viable neck liposuction alternative.*
California Skin Institute surgeons are some of the best experts in the country and have helped thousands of patients look and feel their best.* If you’d like to set up a plastic surgery consultation, please call one of the California Skin Institute practices listed below, or simply fill out the Contact Form for a consultation!
* Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.