Although our providers always try to achieve aesthetically pleasing results for our patients with minimally-invasive treatments, in some cases, facial plastic surgery is the best option to give the patient dramatic, long-lasting results. Our surgeons have helped thousands of patients over the years and have used their expertise to achieve aesthetic improvements that look natural and balanced. California Skin Institute surgeons are experts in the latest facial rejuvenation techniques and work closely with each patient to create a surgical treatment plan that will address any concerns and take into account your facial features and structure. After all, it’s not enough just to alter the appearance; facial plastic surgery is about bringing balance and proportion to the face in a way that accentuates your natural beauty.
Some of the more popular facial plastic surgery treatments at California Skin Institute include:
- Face Lift: This treatment is designed to elevate the drooping jowls and neck though an incision placed around the ears. Considered the gold standard approach to the aging face, it can be performed under local anesthesia, IV sedation, or general anesthesia. Dr. Morganroth is the innovator of the local anesthesia Vertical Vector Face Lift that provides a dramatic and natural result.
- Blepharoplasty or Eye Lift: This treatment removes excess skin and fat from the upper and lower eyelids. After a week of downtime, the upper eyelids are tighter and the lower eyelid bags are less puffy projecting a more youthful and rested appearance.
- Dermal Grafting and Subcision: This treatment option is used by California Skin Institute surgeons to improve results during acne scar subcision. During dermal grafting, deep acne scars are separated from the underlying tissues with a special needle in a procedure called subcision. Your own skin cells are then harvested from the back of the ear and implanted under the scar as dermal grafts. This speeds up tissue regeneration, adds immediate volume to lift the scar and reduces the number of treatment sessions needed. In many patients, subcision may be adequate to elevate the scars over a series of treatments separated by 3-4 weeks.
- Brow Lift: A surgical brow lift can be performed to reduce the sagging in the brows, for a more youthful appearance. This treatment can also smooth out forehead wrinkles, for an added aesthetic benefit
- Facial Implants: For patients who would like to broaden the jaw line, create a stronger chin, or improve contour of the cheeks or temples, California Skin Institute surgeons offer a variety of facial implants that provide balanced results and feel natural to the touch. These implants are made with highly durable material that won’t be rejected by the body, and are flexible; which means they can be inserted through very small incisions. Further, because facial implants are typically positioned onto the bone, they will feel soft and natural to the touch.
- Ear Correction: Patients who suffer from overly large ears, or ears that protrude significantly, our surgeons offer otoplasty; a surgical procedure that pins the ears back and can even reshape the ears. Scarring from this surgery is virtually invisible, as the incision is made in the crease behind the ear. Ear correction surgery can significantly improve one’s appearance and is available to adults and children.
- Rhinoplasty: California Skin Institute surgeons offer nose surgery for patients who would like to correct genetic or injury-related imperfections on the bridge or the tip of the nose. When performing a rhinoplasty, our surgeons go to great lengths to ensure that the nose looks natural and that the tip of the nose doesn’t have an over-tightened, fake appearance.
- Neck Band Surgery: This surgery can be performed as an adjunct to liposuction, if there is sufficient elasticity in the skin of the neck, or can be combined with a neck lift and neck band surgery to address muscle bands and sagging skin at the same time. Neck band surgery focuses on tightening the muscles in the neck, which can manifest as vertical lines as we age. During the procedure, the muscles are sutured together to create a smooth appearance in the neck and give it more contour.
- Forehead Reduction: For patients who have a disproportionately high forehead, California Skin Institute surgeons offer forehead reduction. This procedure surgically lowers the hairline by making a positional adjustment in the scalp. In many cases, your surgeon can even reduce the size of the forehead through hair transplantation. In this case, the scalp is not repositioned, but the area is reduced through implantation of your own hair follicles, to gradually lower the hair line.
- Neck Liposuction: California Skin Institute surgeons can perform neck liposuction to remove excess fat in the neck and under the chin. This procedure brings more definition to the neck, and provides virtually permanent results. For patients, who have a relatively small double chin, Kybella injections may be a viable neck liposuction alternative.
California Skin Institute surgeons are some of the best experts in the country and have helped thousands of patients look and feel their best. If you’d like to set up a plastic surgery consultation, please call one of the California Skin Institute practices listed below, or simply fill out the Contact Form for a consultation!