To help patients tighten skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite, California Skin Institute providers can administer treatments with Thermi technology.* The procedure relies on the power of radiofrequency waves to heat the skin and sub-dermal fat, and works hand-in-hand with the body’s lymphatic system.* When administered by one of the expert providers and California Skin Institute, Thermi can reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles, address issues like jowls, and tighten skin on the body.*
What is Thermi?
Thermi is a radio frequency technology developed for skin tightening and light body contouring.* The technology is highly versatile and can be used on virtually any part of the body.*
How Thermi Works
At the very core, Thermi is designed to achieve results by heating the skin and other structures at the treatment site.* Targeted heating can have several effects:
- Heat can produce a skin firming effect by tightening structures within the skin’s support network and stimulating the production of collagen.* This can address sagging skin and the appearance of wrinkles.*
- A contouring effect can be achieved by heating fat cells beyond the point of repair.* After the treatment, the body’s lymphatic system will gradually remove the damaged cells from the area.* This can be used to address issues like jowls or sagging arms.
What Thermi Treats
The genius of Thermi technology is that it wasn’t really designed to treat a specific issue, but rather to enable your provider to effectively heat up certain tissues and skin structures while maintaining full control over the temperature. As such, this technology can be used in a wide range of applications where heating the skin and sub-dermal tissue can produce a positive effect.*
- ThermiTight: This treatment was developed to tighten skin on the neck, thighs, abdomen, and other parts of the body.* The procedure relies on a tiny probe that is inserted into the treatment site. As heating occurs, the probe provides real-time feedback to ensure optimal temperature in the area.* In addition to skin tightening, ThermiTight also reduces small amounts of fat in the process.*
- ThermiRase: The goal of this treatment is to provide a viable alternative to Botox or Dysport by reducing frown lines through heat alone.* During the procedure your provider will identify the nerves that cause excess muscle contraction between the eyebrows, and stop the nerve signals with heat.*
- ThermiSmoothFace: This treatment can be used to address facial wrinkles and sagging facial skin.* The procedure heats up the targeted area to tighten the skin and stimulate production of collagen.* It can be used to treat forehead wrinkles, jowls, lip wrinkles, and cheeks.*
- ThermiSmoothBody: Like ThermiTight, this procedure is designed to treat sagging skin on the body, as well as cellulite.* However, ThermiSmoothBody uses a surface applicator and does not rely on the use of probes under the skin.
- ThermiVa: Designed for vaginal rejuvenation, this Thermi procedure can address hormone-related dryness of the vaginal mucosa.*
How long does Thermi Last?
The longevity of Thermi results will depend on the specific treatment you select.*
What to expect during your Thermi Treatment?
When you visit California Skin Institute for Thermi treatments, the first step will be to identify your aesthetic goals. Your provider will take the time to listen to your concerns and help you understand whether Thermi is the best choice for you.*
The specific steps during treatment will vary based on the procedure you are undergoing.* However, in most cases you will be able to recline comfortably on a treatment chair as your provider applies heat using radiofrequency waves.
The length of the treatment will vary depending on the area being treated, but typically lasts less than an hour.*
Does Thermi have Side Effects?
Thermi is a minimally-invasive procedure with virtually no down time.* There may be slight redness or inflammation at the treatment site, but most patients can return to normal activities the next day.*
Does Thermi Hurt?
No, most patients describe treatments as having a gentle heating sensation.*
Your Thermi Consultation
To schedule your Thermi consultation, please call a California Skin Institute practice near you, or use the online scheduling portal now!
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.