What do Dermal Fillers and Injectables Do?
Over the years, the media has given more and more attention to a set of cosmetic procedures called dermal fillers and injectables. There is very good reason for it: dermal fillers and injectables enable patients to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, add facial volume and improve balance in the face without the potential risks and down time associated with surgical treatments.*
Here at California Skin Institute we strive to give our patients the widest range of treatment options, because we know that each patient is unique and needs a unique treatment approach for best outcomes.* That’s why we’ve embraced a wide range of injectables and dermal fillers, have many providers who are certified trainers and have invested a great deal of time and effort training our experts to administer fillers in ways that gives balanced, natural-looking outcomes.*
Dermal Fillers vs. Injectables
When talking about dermal fillers, it’s important to distinguish them from injectables like Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin.* Although both types of treatments are injected into the skin, the purpose of dermal fillers is to smooth out wrinkles and skin creases by adding volume beneath the treatment area.* This volume helps support the skin, so that wrinkles become less visible.*
Injectables like Botox, on the other hand, do not add volume, but rather relax the muscles responsible for the formation of certain wrinkles.* In the case of Kybella, this injectable damages the fat responsible for the appearance of a double chin.* The question of whether to use injectables or dermal fillers in your situation will be determined by your skin’s unique needs, and most importantly, by the underlying cause of your wrinkles.*
Injectables and Dermal Fillers – Bridging Science and Art
Unfortunately, the media rarely does justice to the amount of work that goes into achieving aesthetically pleasing outcomes with fillers and injectables.* On your local news channel you might hear about some break through filler that can reduce wrinkles or tighten skin.* But rarely do you hear about the level of skill necessary to administer these treatments correctly so that the outcomes look natural.*
California Skin Institute providers have helped thousands of patients with dermal filler and injectable treatments over the years.* All of this collective experience has allowed our practitioners to develop deep insight into such procedures and has led to a culture that bridges art and science.* This means that we don’t just administer the dermal fillers and injectables, but look at every treatment as a way to sculpt the face to create a balanced, natural appearance.*
Such an approach takes a great deal of skill on behalf of the provider.* Your unique bone and muscle structures must be considered, as well as any current aesthetic imbalances that exist.* Only then can we select the best dermal fillers or injectables for your situation.* Further, the injections must be performed with a great deal of care; because oftentimes it’s the nuances that make the biggest difference in your final appearance and create outcomes that look natural.*
Dermal Filler & Injectable Options
There are many options available to California Skin Institute patients when it comes to using the best dermal filler in your situation.* Let’s take a look at just some of the treatments available at our practice:
- Juvederm Voluma: California Skin Institute providers can administer Juvederm Voluma for patients who are experiencing loss of volume in the mid face.* This often happens due to age-related loss of fatty tissue around the cheeks, nose and mouth, and can create a hollow appearance in the face.* Juvederm Voluma can boost the volume in these areas almost instantly, by delivering a gel with hyaluronic acid, which attracts moisture to plump up the skin, smooth out wrinkles and add volume.*
- Restylane Silk: This dermal filler uses hyaluronic acid to subtly boost the volume in the lips and reduce the appearance of wrinkles around the mouth that are caused by loss of volume in the lips and the aging of the skin around the mouth.* By subtly increasing lip volume with Restylane Silk, the appearance of wrinkles is reduced.*
- Kybella: California Skin Institute is honored to be one of the first practices in the United States to offer Kybella to our patients.* This FDA-approved injectable treatment was specifically formulated for the reduction of a double chin.* Through a series of minimally-invasive injections, the fat cells are damaged, to reveal a more contoured appearance in the neck area.*
- Perlane: We’ve helped thousands of patients reduce the appearance of nasolabial folds by using Perlane.* This dermal filler adds volume to the surrounding areas, thus easing the appearance of creases associated with nasolabial folds.*
- Restylane: This dermal filler offers a wide range of treatment options with hyaluronic acid.* Unlike Restylane Silk, which is only used for lip enhancements, other Restylane fillers can be used to soften the appearance of crow’s feet, smile lines, and even forehead wrinkles.*
- Belotero: Another treatment option for nasolabial folds is Belotero Balance.* This hyaluronic acid gel is designed to blend into the structures of your skin to create a seamless, natural appearance.*
- Sculptra: California Skin Institute patients have benefited from Sculptra, a specialized volumizing dermal filler which helps your body rebuild and strengthen collagen structures.* By strengthening the collagen fiber network in the dermis, the skin becomes more elastic, thus reducing the appearance of facial wrinkles.*
If you’d like to learn more about dermal fillers or injectables and find out which will be the best solution for your situation, please call a California Skin Institute practice near you, or just fill out the Contact Form below!
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.